Updated: January 29, 2021
- What personal data we collect from the sites.
- How we use the data;
- With whom we may share the personal data;
- Legal basis for processing the data;
- Storage and security of your data;
- Your California Privacy Rights, Choices and Disclosures, including those for Europe and California;
- Users outside the United States; and
Personal Data We Collect or Process
We also collect information that you provide to us voluntarily. We collect personal information from you when you request a catalog, request a quote, open an account, place an order, respond to a survey, fill out a form, sign up to receive newsletters, advisories, announcements and invitations and contact us by phone, email or through Live Chat. To set up an account or request a catalog, we require first and last name, company name, email, business address and shipping address. A phone number is optional. To purchase products, we will also require payment card information. To request a quote, we require your first and last name, company name and email.
If you use the Live Chat function or call us, such conversations may be recorded.
How We Use the Data
We use the data we collect:
- To process transactions. Your personal information will be used for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested;
- To improve our Sites. We continually strive to improve our Sites and their offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. We also collect information on website traffic patterns on a macro-scale which is not tied directly to your personal information;
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from any of our brands, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. Please note that unsubscribe requests are processed on a per-brand basis.
- To send product guides and other communications to keep you updated on our most current products and services. We may also use your address to send you occasionally new product announcements and our customer satisfaction survey, to help us know how we can improve our services and performance. You may elect to opt out of either of these uses of your mailing address by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To fulfill legal obligations we have to governmental authorities or other third parties
- For other legitimate business purposes.
With Whom We Share Personal Data
The Company is a provider of services headquartered in the United States, and as such may need to share information with internal personnel and our affiliates located in different geographic locations in order to perform our services. We may also share your personal data to third parties (within or outside your country of residence) who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation our service providers, credit card processor, technology providers and professional advisors.
We may disclose any information we have about you (including your identity) if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Sites, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our or our affiliates’ rights or property, or the rights or property of visitors to or users of the Sites. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information that we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We also may disclose your information when we determine that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes.
Your information may be transferred to another company (within or outside your country of residence) in connection with a merger or in the event that our business is acquired in whole or part by another company.
We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties (within or outside your country of residence) for analytical, research or other similar purposes.
Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you and to perform services and deliver products that you request.
Compliance with Legal Obligations. We may use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Storage and Protection of Your Personal Data
We retain the personal data we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected and to perform our contractual and legal obligations. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, we store email addresses until the user requests to be unsubscribed or removes themselves through any self-service tools offered to the user.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and technical precautions to protect your personal data and communications between us. Our Sites are equipped with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL protocol is the industry-standard to enable encrypted, authenticated communications across the Internet. SSL uses public key encryption mechanisms, one of the strongest encryption methods available to protect data sent over the Internet. Customer information sent is not discernible to anyone except the recipient. Browsers that support the SSL encryption technology are called secure browsers. Online orders must be placed from a secure browser. Most current browsers are secure, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari. Your browser will automatically enter the secure mode when you make purchases. If you do not have a secure browser and would like to place orders, please contact our Sales department for assistance.
Additionally, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, the industry-standard Internet security protocol, to secure your credit card information. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as it's transferred over the Internet. We do not retain credit card information in our systems.
No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free, however. We therefore cannot guarantee absolute security of your data, and we are not responsible for processes and networks that we do not control. Users assume the risk of security breaches and the consequences resulting from them. Please be careful in deciding what information you send to us via email or over the Internet.
Your Rights, Choices and Disclosures
1. General. This section is subject to specific disclosures on privacy rights set forth below. We are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the laws of your jurisdiction, which may include the right to request the correction, modification or deletion of your personal information and the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information (as applicable). We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information, contact us at email@example.com or make changes to any user profile information connected to your account.
You may opt out of receiving electronic marketing communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on the communication. Some non-marketing communications may not be subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions, disclosures to comply with legal requirements, software updates and other support-related information. If you do not wish to receive any service-related emails from us, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
You may be able to disable Cookies through your browser settings and/or opt-out links, but if you delete or disable Cookies, you may experience interruptions or limited functionality in certain areas of the Sites.
2. Your European Privacy Rights and Choices. If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the territory of Europe, your privacy rights under the European data protection law include:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or need additional information you can contact us any time.
- Right of access, restriction of processing, erasure. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information, which requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal and contractual obligations. To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object at any time. You have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial e-mails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions and disclosures to comply with legal requirements.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
- Right not to be subject to an automated decision, including profiling. We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according the European Privacy regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
3. California Disclosures
California “Shine the Light” Information-Sharing Disclosure: California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request to email@example.com with “California Shine The Light Rights” in the subject line.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore our Sites do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, you should be able to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures. California residents have the right to request:
◦ The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
◦ The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
◦ The business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling personal information;
◦ The categories of third parties with whom we share or sell personal information;
◦ The categories of personal information about you that we have sold; and
◦ The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Additionally, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information, the right to opt out of the sale of your information (if applicable) and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Any categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The Company does not sell Personal Information for monetary consideration. If the use of Google Analytics is deemed a “sale” under the CCPA, then you may opt out of Google Analytics Cookies by downloading the browser add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our contact information is listed at the bottom of this policy. You may also submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask for your name, email address, phone number and state and country of residence. If this information is insufficient to verify your identity and assess your privacy request, we may need to ask for additional information. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA privacy request.
Users Outside the United States
The Sites are controlled and operated from the United States. If you are an individual from the European Union, Canada or any other jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that we may store the information we collect in the United States which is not deemed an “adequate jurisdiction” by the European regulatory authorities. Personal data may also be transferred from the country of your residence to other countries, including the United States.
Links to Other Websites
Questions and Contact Information
Irvine, California USA 92614